Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Slushy run

It was raining at my usual run time, so I waited a couple of hours before going this morning. Carol took the day off, so I was on my own. It was BRIGHT! I haven't run in full daylight for a while, and it has been raining/snowing all morning, so the sun reflected off of the road and practically blinded me! Good grief! The wood chip path at Liberty was slush covered and soggy making it a bit harder to run, and the slush was melting off of the trees above the path and sidewalk. I got so wet that I should have just ran at 6am in the rain! Since it was during work hours, I had my phone and had to routinely check e-mails that kept buzzing through. I opted for just one lap again because I didn't want to be gone too long during work hours, but I could have done two laps. I completed my 4.5 mile run at a pace of 10:43mpm. Not bad!

No comments: