Monday, April 26, 2010

First semester paper done....

I took three days off. That wasn't the plan. The plan was to take one day off to finish up my last paper. So, I got up at 3:30AM on Friday and worked on it while the weather outside was perfect and everyone slept. (I did get a lot done, though.) Then, the boys were up, and the computer was off for a while. Then, the rain started. Bub left the house, and (as much as I hate to admit it) I sat the boys down in front of the TV so that I could work on my paper some more. After she returned and the boys napped, I worked on it some more since it was still pouring down rain. When they woke up, the sun finally came out, and we went for a walk. I worked on the paper after they went to bed.

Saturday morning brought mor work on the project until we left for Salt Lake to check in on Grandma whose back is really bad right now. I took my laptop and worked on it until the battery died. Grandma was still in bed when we arrived, but eventually got up and about. Then, we enjoyed the nice weather by going to Wheeler Farm with Grandpa. After we returned home, I plugged the laptop in to recharge. We ran around the back yard in the meantime.

Saturday night brought "camping" in the front room. The boys slept in their pop-up tent while I continued working on that damn paper until I finally submitted it at 2:30am, Sunday morning. I camped out with the boys because I didn't want them to wake up and get freaked out since it was their first night in the tent....

2.5 hours later (yes, at 6am) I was up with the boys. I was hoping to go for a run before they got up, but that was when I had planned to go to bed before 3:30am. Sunday was a day for feeding the ducks, playing in the park (where we got along better with other kids, yeah! progress), and a trip to the store. During naptime, I worked on the DEVIL bush in the front yard, filling two garbage cans with those thorny damn branches. I hate that thing. Beer break, and then the boys were up and about. We headed to the back yard for some trimming and weed pulling and playing in the sand box and running about with their noisy little weed whacker and leaf blower toys. Then, another beer break.

SO, this morning's run started slowly, and my legs were tight. However, I managed to get up to 13th east in a fairly decent time. I powered up both hills in Sugarhouse and took my walk breaks, but I wasn't as tired as I have been sometimes. I only did one lap because I've got a lot of work and system testing facing me today. (Or, I was just being a pansy...) Anyway, I finished 5.5 miles at a 11:07mpm pace. Not horrible, but I would have done better if I had hydrated AT ALL over the weekend.

Oh, finishing that paper took a lot of sugar. I know, I know. It's all wrong, but I needed something to keep me awake, and I can't do caffeine. I have three weeks off, so I'm going to start again on the no sugar/eat sensibly/lots of fruits and veggies/less absolute nutritionless food plan.

No comments: