Thursday, June 28, 2012

hot dog - literally

Oh, I just did NOT have it in me yesterday. I slept in. I think that the weekend finally caught up with me. Today's run started out fast enough, but about halfway through, Sadie realized that she was roasting and that boundless energy wasn't working out for her. She ssslllloooooowwwwed way down. She was really hot. It was really hot. I probably shouldn't have taken her out in the first place. So, we stopped at many sprinklers. She wouldn't drink, but I splashed water on her. I finally convinced her to just lay IN the sprinklers. When we got home, I hosed her off with cold water to help with her cool down. After we had completed 2/3 of the course, there was a quarter mile section where we just walked. After that, I felt like I was almost dragging her. She's so out of shape! I was going to take Lizzy out for a quick loop in the cemetary, but by the time Sadie and I got home, it was over 75*. Not worth it. I think that Liz is mad at me now... Stats: 5.38 miles in 1:02:00 for an 11:32mpm pace

No comments: