Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June is in the books - not the book I wanted, but whatever

Lordy, it is hot out there! In order to get 100 miles for the month (still 23 shy of last month!), we had to run at least 7 miles today. Yes, 100 miles is arbitrary, but how stupid would it look to have 98.9 or something like that? Anyhooooo, Carol and I walked out and knew that it was going to be a difficult run because the temperature was 75* and 27% humidity. Sheesh! Being the brains of the operation, Carol suggested that we run someplace entirely new; that way, we wouldn't be longing for familiar landmarks. She is sooooo smart! We did a big loop from 21st and State up to 34th and Highland then back. 7.6 miles in 1:24:26 (11:07mpm)

On a side note, I just realized that my shoes have 300+ miles on them. They aren't going to carry me through the September marathon because I just realized that we have 40+ mile weeks ahead of us. Crap. Now I need to scrounge up some money for new shoes.

No comments: