Tuesday, June 22, 2010

into it again

Back to the grind! We ran 5.5 miles today in 1:01:48 (11:15mpm). It was my first run since Ragnar over the weekend, and a run on very little energy since I had to fast from Saturday evening until Monday afternoon due to my first colonoscopy. So, I was running on a pretty empty tank, and I was pretty dehydrated, too. So, we took it easy, and by the end I was wiped out. I'm fasting again today because it's time to have my yearly blood work done.

I'm not going to be able to increase my monthly mileage again unless I do 52 more miles in the next seven days. It's just not going to happen. Last week was consumed with doctor's appointments and challenges at home, so I only ran 16 miles. I guess it's possible if I run 6.5 miles every day for the next eight days, but sadly, I don't think I'm going to find that kind of time.

No comments: