Wednesday, September 26, 2012

whiner

I haven't run since last Friday. First, I'm lazy on the weekends. OK. There you go. I like to sleep once in a while, and I haven't had much of it lately. Second, I've had to sleep upright in the recliner so that Meatball could get some rest since he has had an upper respiratory cough that really kicks in when he is lying flat. That has happened every night except one since last Thursday. Third, oh - who really cares? Today was my first run in almost a week, and I felt it. I was stiff and uncomfortable to start. My shoes need to be replaced. I had a bout with a very elevated heart rate about 1/3 through the run where I had to stop for 3-4 minutes just to get it to calm down. (I hate that, by the way. You know, when your lungs feel constricted and your heart races and you just can't get your breath...) Oh. My. Gawd. Waaaaaaaaaaaa. Here's my actual run report: I ran to/through Sugarhouse Park and back to work. I had a long break because I couldn't catch my breath and my heart was pounding like crazy. Then, I finished. Stats: 5.5 miles in 56:38 for a 10:18mpm pace

No comments: