Wednesday, September 19, 2012

very good pace after a very bad night's sleep

Hell yeah, baby! So, we slept over at Granny's and Grandpa's house last night. I must admit. I don't really enjoy these sleepovers. I never get any sleep. The boys get spoiled with new clothes and toys every damn time. They get wound up. Then, the old people and Bub watch TV while I try to get them to calm down by reading stories and saying Shhhhh! a hundred times. As a side note: it is almost impossible to get two boys to calm down and not laugh when you're reading a "Walter, the farting dog" book. Anyway, the boys never want to sleep, and the bed isn't comfy. I don't care what kind of expensive mattress you have on it, it's not comfy. Last night was extra fun. The new clothes that they got were footie pajamas that were too small, so halfway through the night, Meatball woke up crying because his toes hurt, so we had to change his jammies. Plus, he was ALL OVER THE PLACE, Peanut was glommed up against me like sap to a tree, everyone was kicking everyone else, and it was too hot. Imagine my delight when my alarm went off at 4:15am! I got out the door about an hour later after I had a piece of toast and pottied. The weather is PERFECTLY cool, and the run was awesome. I only walked once, and that was up the long hill at 3300 South. I made it to work at a sub-11 pace for more than 90 minutes! YAY for me! Stats: 8.41 miles in 1:31:15 for a 10:52mpm pace

No comments: