Sunday, May 13, 2012

mini-meltdown

This was not a difficult run once I got out the door. It gave me a LOT of time to think about the last couple of days. Turns out that we don't have to find out why the check engine light keeps coming on in the Honda (we've had it checked several times) because Bub rear-ended someone. It sucked. It was on today's run that I remembered that we have to pay a deductible. Don't know where that is going to come from. The brakes on the Dodge are grinding and are just awful. Of course, we don't have the money to fix them, but we have to anyway. And, at about mile 9, I realized that it was Mother's Day. Well, I knew it all along, but I was passing the cemetary and it just hit me. Everything did. I had to stop and bend over and make myself calm down. Otherwise, I would have had a complete meltdown. Instead, it was just a few tears. Stats: 10.16 miles in 1:47:00 for a 10:32mpm pace

No comments: