Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Progress

Liz and I ran to Grimms Gate this morning after a sleepless night. (Sleepless only because the boys slept an UNPRECEDENTED 14 HOURS which was so odd that I got up constantly to check on them.)

I made it to the gate in just 21 minutes which is good for me - again, only two walk breaks on the out and zero on the back. My overall time was 36:05 which is a 10:57 mpm pace. (For my whole four readers, any pace with a 10 at the beginning is a happy day for me.) Interesting to note that my last four runs on this route have all been sub 11 mpm. It seems that I'm making progress after all.

I was saddened to realize that the dirt road leading to Grimms Gate has been paved. Yes, it's only 2/10 of a mile. Yes, it's probably safer for me in the long run. Yes, it means that my beautiful view of the Great Salt Lake will soon be obscured by new homes. Progress.....

No comments: