Sunday, January 25, 2009

Long, cold and wet run

Lizzy and I ran to dad's today. It's 7.3 miles, but since we took a wrong road, we added .6 miles. It's an easy, steady drop of about 300 feet, so it wasn't too difficult. My pace was 10:33mpm which is really good. It was a very chilly run, and I probably should have worn an additional shirt. At about 5 miles, it started to spit cold rain/snow. We were happy to finally get to dad's house! Liz and I are enjoying our runs togtether, but I'll be happy when the weather warms up a bit and the boys can start coming again. I'm going to try to increase the distance again next week. I'm also going to run the winter series at Saltair to see if I can improve my 5K, 10K and 15K times. I can't afford to pay, so I'm going to run earlier than all of the people who can pay. Then, when I'm done, I'm going to stick around and cheer for my friends, Carol and Nate, who ARE paying for the series.

No comments: