Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I never thought....

I never thought I would do a tempo run through Sugarhouse Park, but guess what?!?!?!
OK, first I should probably say that I consider a "tempo" run anything under a 10mpm pace. I'm sure that this will change in the future - at least I really hope that it will because it means that I will be getting faster! My location splits this morning were 10:30 (work --> 7th East), 10:00 (7th East --> 13th East), 16:45 (13th East --> lap around park --> 13th East), 8:15 (13th East --> 7th East) and 9:00 (7th East --> work). It was a hard run. I had to keep reminding myself to push, and I really had to work to maintain a consistent pace. But, it paid off! Carol and I are going to focus on speed this winter. I wonder if I can shave 15 seconds off of my average pace before the end of the year?
Stats: 5.5 miles in 54:27 for a 9:54mpm pace

No comments: