Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Self Sabotage

OK - so, I'm going to do something new for the month of March. I'm not going to weigh myself AT ALL. I've always been a firm believer that I need to weigh myself each day in order to know if I'm headed down the wrong path so that I can make immediate adjustments. The problem is that I don't actually do that.

Instead, I see that I'm gaining a bit, and then I get depressed and eat even more. OR - worse - I lose a pound or two and then something inside my brain snaps, and I end up eating like a pig. It's the worst when I've lost weight. It's way worse! I don't know if there is just a part of me that is afraid to be a normal weight or what, but I do exactly the opposite that I'm supposed to do when I see the scale going in the RIGHT direction! I know that I'm supposed to get all motivated and stuff, but it just doesn't work out that way.

So, I'm not going to look at the scale at all. I'm going to follow webmd.com's recommendation of only 1330 calories/day, and by the end of the month of March, I should be eight pounds lighter. (Of course, I'll step on the scale at the end of March, see good results and probably sabotage myself again..... Maybe if my clothes are fitting better, I won't get on the scale again until - well - whenever. Maybe not, though. I'm a slave to the numbers! I like tracking the results of anything - except - obviously my weight going down.....)

No comments: