Friday, March 26, 2010

No gas left in the tank

I just finished a 7-miler (Sugarhousex2) in 1:15:57. I don't know my exact pace because the log in runners world is down. I waited all day to do this run because it was pouring this morning and snowing off and on throughout the day. I finally left at 2pm. I got snowed on in the first mile, rained on in the second mile, the wind blew through miles three and four, and then the sun came out making it warm enough that I was roasting in my fleece shirt! I tried to eat really lightly all day long knowing that I didn't want a full stomach when I finally had a chance to run. However, after my first lap in the park, I was having serious hunger pangs. I considered wimping out on the second lap because I just had no energy (duh - no food), but decided to tough it out anyway. I was STARVING! I took a couple more walk breaks on the way back to work than I normally would have, but I just had no more energy. Either way, it's done. I've already surpassed my February mileage, and I still have at 3-5 more running days to go in the month of March!
(training log just came up: no.. down.. no.. up.. no.. down..)
(OK - official pace shocked me: 10:51mpm. Who knew?!?!)

1 comment:

冠強 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.