Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Well, it wasn't raining when we STARTED our run...

Carol and I set out to do our Liberty route. About a block from work, we felt a very light sprinkle in addition to the 20mph winds. No biggie. At the end of the first mile, a rain/snow mix was pouring from the sky making the road slippery.

We abandoned our route to Liberty, but decided that we had to run at least 3 miles to make it even worth changing our clothes. So, we hit 5th East and ran down to 21st South trying (sometimes unsuccessfully) to jump all of the puddles along the way. We ran back to State St on 21st and north on State to the light at Westminster. That gave us just over the 3 miles that we were looking for, and we decided to be done. Of course, it stopped raining right then, but I'm convinced that if we had continued, it would have started again. In all, we did 3.18 very soggy miles @ 11:16mpm.

I started to get a head cold yesterday. This run really helped to clear out my head! However, I choose not to tell Bub about this wet little jaunt. Otherwise, I'll never hear the end of it. I'm off to get some hot chocolate now to warm up.

2 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Many thanks for the blog comment! Isn't it fun to see where the "Next Blog" button takes us sometimes! We do seem to be kindred spirits! I'll be following your progress too! :)

I have a local running friend who's trying to run a road race in every NC county, much like your idea. Cool!

When's your next marathon?

Christina said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. When I checked out your site I saw "thons" and at first thought it said "thongs". LOL. That would be uncomfortable running in.