Monday, June 1, 2009

long-ish and good pace

I got up before the boys for my run today. I combined the USU loop with one lap at the track and Grimm's Gate loop for total 8.13 miles. Happy with my 11:27 pace. Unhappy with some chafing on my thighs. As I started this run, I realized that it was just two short years ago that I was in the hospital in labor at 6am. What a wonderful day that was! We were sooooo tired but anxious to meet our little boys. I, of course, wanted to be in shape waaaay earlier than this; I never expected to take two years to be training for another 'thon. BUT, I wouldn't have traded any of my lazy, silly play time with those boys for any five mile run in the world. By the way, Lizzy had a good time, but 8-10 miles looks to be her max now as she is getting older. By the end of 8-ish miles, she is trotting more and more slowly. :(

No comments: