Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rainy days and blisters always get me down

I haven't run for a week. Four of those days were because I was being lazy and the boys just do NOT want to sleep at night. Then, we spent Pride day getting drenched by the rain. Walking around in wet "cute" shoes caused blisters at my achilles (both feet) and a nasty opened blister on one of my toes. So, I didn't run for a couple of days due to that. But, enough is enough. So, I brought my clothes to work and went for a little lunch time run - in the rain. OK - it didn't rain the whole time, but enough that I was pretty wet (rain, sweat, whatever). I managed 5.6 miles with an average pace of 12:03 mpm, BUT this did include two laps on the wood chip path at Liberty AND the healing blisters on one of my achilles opened up causing me to bleed all over my shoes. I thought it was a decent pace considering the lack of running, the sores, and the weather. Still, I dream of a day when I'm running a 9mpm. No - I still don't enjoy that wood chip path, but know that I need to do it to prepare for next week's relay and the 'thon in August. Yes - the relay is next week - YIKES!

No comments: