Saturday, July 28, 2012

SLCounty Corp Games 5K

This race was for the Salt Lake County Corporate Games. I ran the race last year, and the course was exactly the same. It was at Cottonwood Complex, and it was entirely cross country. There were two steep hills, and it was all on grass. It was also extremely HOT (at least, by my standards). The race was scheduled to start at 8am, but it didn't start until 8:20. Every minute that ticked by allowed the temperatures to rise more and more. UG. It was miserable. I ran on the OCTanner team. Sadly, I was the LAST person on our team to finish. At least I wasn't the last person in the entire race! The best part of the race was having the boys there giving everyone high 5s and cheering "Go, Mom! Go, Mom!" You can't help but smile at that stuff! They each gave me a kiss at the start of my last lap. I told them it would make me run faster. Secretly, it was a chance to take a 5-second breather! Stats: 3.1 miles in 34:40 for an 11:11mpm pace
Looking slouchy - aka my typical running form
My friend, Zeljka. She's beautiful, and well, she runs beautifully, too. No. I'm not jealous. Who wants to be svelt and cut and gorgeous? Definitely not me.

No comments: