Saturday, April 21, 2012

Long, deer, morning, awesome

For the first time in a LONG time, I got my early morning lazy butt off of the couch before the stinkers awoke, and I ran long. I had a plan in mind, and then I just did something else entirely. I'm glad that I did. While it was still dark, I ran up to Grimm's Gate where I found five deer off to my left and 20 off to my left. I love seeing deer in the early morning darkness. They stand so still - as if they are thinking that I won't see them if they don't move. Then, they just can't stand it anymore, and they take off, bounding and boinging. I love them. After Grimm's Gate and the ensuing rutted dirt road. I turned down Droubay and decided to head up Old Smelter. At the gun club, I turned around and headed home. The sun finally came over the mountain when I was about two miles from home. The temperatures were perfect. The breeze was perfect. The run was awesome. I started getting tired about a mile from home. Stats: 10.2 miles in 1:52:19 for an 11:01mpm pace

No comments: