Friday, April 27, 2012

13 miles down and at my desk, ready to work by 8am!

OK - This run ROCKED! We had a sleepover at grandma's and grandpa's last night, so I just got up early and ran to work. In order to get my long miles for the week, I had to add a bit in granny's neighborhood and do a lap at Sugarhouse Park. I got drenched between miles 1 and 2, and I had to wait out the rain for a few minutes at a local convenience store. The majority of the run was on 1300 East with a few short hills. I ran almost everything, but I wanted to actually be able to GET to work, so I didn't want to fizzle out. I walked the hills, but I ran everything else. This is the longest run I've done since my marathon last June (10 months ago)!!!! And, my pace rocks! I'm super excited about this run. By mile ten, I was feeling it in my lower back, and by mile 12, I really had to talk myself into pushing my pace. But, it paid off! Yay, ME! Stats: 12.96 miles in 2:17:26 for a 10:37mpm pace

No comments: