Friday, February 19, 2010

Sugarhouse for the first time in a while

Carol took a rest day, so I was on my own. I ran from work to Sugarhouse and back with two laps at the park for a total of 7 miles @ 11:09mpm (yay!). I didn't look at my watch at all until I had about a mile to go. I'm not sure if it helped or not. I hemmed and hawed about doing one or two laps and finally talked myself into two laps because Carol is doing 9 miles tomorrow. If she can run 9, I can certainly run 7. I'm happy that I did it. I run up all of the hills (but took my walk breaks immediately at the top of the hills). I really wanted to walk up the 3rd hill, but all of the Army recruits had just finished their runs and were leaving the park. I couldn't walk up the hill while they were all driving past me! So, today's run was basically motivated by the Army and Carol (who can push me even when she's not around!). It was a good run, and a good start to the day since I burned 971 calories!

Oh, and as I was running back, I passed the Goodyear store. They were open already and changing tires which means that people were sitting in the waiting area which looks right onto the sidewalk. I got a really good chuckle when I noticed a big, burley guy reading a Highlights magazine!

No comments: