Monday, February 8, 2010

lay down and die - it would be faster

This was the first run of 2010 that included the boys and the jog stroller (which represents at least 85 pounds being pushed in front of me - just typing that makes me feel cool - and slow). Holy cats! It was hard (as evidenced by my 12:47mpm pace for a meager 3.6 miles). I thought that I would rather fall down on the pavement and die - which would have been convenient since we were doing laps in the cemetary. (I chose the cemetary in case it got too cold for the boys who, in addition to their regular clothes, were wearing snow boots, snow pants, sweaters, coats, hats, and a blanket - just in case.) Lizzy was happy though because I've been running almost exclusively at work, so she hasn't been out for a run since, I don't even know when.

I think that I'm happy that I got the miles in even though it was HARD, HARD, HARD!!! (and here is another gratuitous parenthetical phrase just for fun)

2 comments:

Iris said...

Now that's a workout! Who cares about pace when you're working that hard? :)

Laura said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement, and great job to you too with the tough and cold run! :)