Tuesday, February 2, 2010

lamp post fartleks

I ran alone today to Liberty. (There were a lot of dogs and their people out this morning.) In response to Carol's 3rd place finish (in her age group) at the Winter Series 5K over the weekend, I decided to do some speedwork. Well, my version of speedwork. So, I did the first mile at a standard pace, and then I spent the next 3.5 miles doing lamp post fartleks. It wasn't horrible! I only walked once at about the 1/2 way point when the wood chip path was iced over. Otherwise, I tried to really push myself. At about 3.5 miles, I felt like I was flagging, but it quickly passed and the last 3/4 of a mile was really good. 4.5 total miles @ 10:41mpm pace. I was very proud of myself until I got back to work and really had to suck it in to button up my pants. The three homemade (white flour, of course) rolls that I had last night definitely didn't help....

No comments: