Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The street, the dip, and the light."

Our run was a bit slower today: 4.5 miles @ 11:27mpm (621 calories). I think that I really slowed us down on our lap around the park. I felt like I didn't have any push from my inner thighs - a leftover fatigue from yesterday's uphill run, I think. At the end of these Libery Park runs, I always look forward to the end where Carol says "The street, the dip, and the light." Those are the last three landmarks that she looks for. They are equidistant from each other, and it breaks the end of the run up into small segments that seem very manageable. We've even started to sprint them which is unheard of for me - a sprint at the end of a run! When she says it, there is a lilt in her voice that really lifts my mood no matter how good or bad the run has been. She is very fun to run with!

No comments: