Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Monday's "speed work" made for some tired legs that stayed throughout the entire run. The run up to the gate sucked. I did 6/1, 6/1, 4/1, 2/1, then whatever combination would get me to the top. I was able to run all the way home, though, which contributed to a really good time considering I also had the boys in the stroller. Average speed was 11:58 mpm.

In creating this blog and it's name, I really planned to write about the soul searching and the epiphanies that are supposed to accompany running. However, so far my thoughts revolve around tickling feet, asking the boys where certain body parts are, picking baby bottles up off of the road, and willing myself to run to the next fence post, light pole, or crack in the road without dying. My runs seem to be a matter of survival instead of introspection. Perhaps the brilliance will come as my fitness level improves?

No comments: