Wednesday, February 22, 2012

if not for a good friend...

If Carol had begged off today, I would have wimped out and just started working. Instead, she was excited for the run which means that I had to drag my sorry ass out the door and get moving. I'm glad that I did - of course - I always am. For an hour, my head was cleared of this sinus crap, and I could breathe. Ahhh... It was a long run - I think mostly because I'm tired and feeling wiped out - but we still maintained a good pace regardless of the many walk breaks. I whined about my sad life, you know, the discrimination, the lack of equal rights and benefits, blah, blah, blah, and true to form, Carol listened and provided a much needed sounding board like all best friends will.
Stats: 5.46 miles in 59:22 for a 10:53mpm pace

No comments: