Friday, February 24, 2012

I really am working hard!

It's a wonder that I could run at all after today's weight class. She is really working us hard. Or, actually, I should give credit where it is due - **I** am working **MYSELF** hard. I can see the benefits of this class - literally, I have biceps that I can see now. I like this class, and I'm pretty decent at it. My weights have increased since starting nine months ago from 5lbs (each hand) for almost every exercise to 12lbs (each hand) for 3/4 of the exercises. Of the sets that I don't use the 12lb weights, I use 7lbs (this is usually shoulder work). I'm trying to push myself in each class. (I need to do more core work to really strengthen that up.)
Anyways, after weight class, we usually just do a 3-miler because we need to get back to work. Today was no different. I ran the 3 miles with absolutely no walk breaks or stops for lights. It felt good except for the last six blocks. They seemed to go on forEVER.
Stats: 3.1 miles in 32:18 for a 10:26mpm pace

No comments: