Monday, May 9, 2011

A little fall of rain....

Solo birthday run today, but I didn't spend much time celebrating. I did the Sugarhouse Park loop with two laps at the park. There was a constant drizzle of rain, and I spent much of my time mourning the loss of my friend, Gwen, who died from colon cancer over the weekend. Even though she was 3000 miles away, she was such a support when my mom died of the same thing years ago. It's tragic. The last 1/2 lap in the park was really difficult because I was thinking about "A Little Fall of Rain" from Les Miserables and thinking of the 39 year love affair that Gwen and Peter had, and I was on the verge of crying so my throat was so tight that I was literally sucking in air. I will miss her dry wit, her honesty, the soft eyes that always betrayed her cool exterior, and her friendship.
Stats: 7 miles in 1:12:15 for a 10:20mpm pace

No comments: