Thursday, July 8, 2010

Woozy!

This was a nice run with one lap in Sugarhouse. (5.76 miles in 1:02:30 for a 10:52mpm pace) I'm more tired than I probably should be, and I'm trying to figure out why. I spent three hours at the dentist last night, so I didn't eat anything after 5pm. That's probably one problem. I also didn't drink anything after 5pm. Hmmmm... Then, immediately following our run, I was talking to someone and got very light headed and was seeing spots. I know that this is a sign that I'm about to pass out, so I quickly sat down. I think that I'll go check my notoriously low blood pressure!

Oh, I don't think that I mentioned this. Two weeks ago when I went for my uber-fun colonoscopy, they were doing my "pre-op" stuff and the blood pressure machine kept going off. One of the nurses thought that it was broken, but the nurse administering my IV looked me in the eye and said "You're a runner, aren't you?"

Oh my hell! If I hadn't been in a back-flashing hospital gown, I would have danced a jig right that moment!

THEN, in the post-op the nurse had to come in and repeatedly reset the blood pressure machine. It was reading something like 90/46. The bum doc came in and was trying to give me my results, he finally just disconnected me from the machine. He, too, looked right at me and said "Are you an athlete?" SCORE!!!!! (Procedure results: two diventriculae [?sp] that could someday develop into something, and one very small [2mm] polyp, shit! I hope that it was OK. I haven't heard anything since that day. I should probably follow up...)

AS IF THAT WEREN'T ENOUGH, I had my annual with my doc the next day. I asked how her husband-the-runner was doing. He's going to run the TOU, and MY training is going better than his!

Sometimes, I friggin' kick ass. Now, off to check my blood pressure.

(Post Script: My blood pressure was 90/55)

No comments: