Friday, April 22, 2011

Do I stink?

I ran another solo long run today because Carol's hip is feeling worse (uh-oh)! I ran up to Tanner Park and then to the pedestrian bridges that cross 215 and 80. I added a lap in Sugarhouse because I knew that I needed the mileage. Mile 11 (through the park) really sucked because the pain in my toe turned into a shooting pain up the top of my foot to my ankle. I don't know if I was striding wrong, or what. I felt the pain the entire time, but it was managable until then. I'm guessing that problem and the total exhaustion in the last two miles are related to the fact that I took nine days off to do homework, and my body just wasn't ready for a long run. I had wanted to get 15 in, but I was too damn tired!

Here's the stinky news: I forgot my day-bra again. I'll be wearing a hot pink sweat fest until about 6pm. Sonofa... Thankfully, I only have one meeting. I'll try to sit far from everyone. And then, there's the immediate stiffness in my legs. It's going to be a long day.
Stats: 13.28 miles in 2:26:43 for 11:03mpm pace

No comments: