Tuesday, October 27, 2009

RAGNAR VEGAS - LEG 2B – DISAPPOINTMENT

After his rockin’ run, Brady handed off to me again to finish up a 2.1 mile sprint to the next exchange point. I was determined to kick ass on this section, but again, my time doesn’t show it. He handed off to me at the Albertson’s at 4:35am, and I took off. Unfortunately, five minutes before I started running, another runner was struck and killed by a drunk driver.
I felt like I was running my ass off, but my overall pace was 10:58mpm. I found out later that one section of the race had to be diverted and was a bit longer than planned so that emergency vehicles could attend to him. Maybe that’s why my pace seemed so slow, but probably not (c’mon – I AM a realist). I did have one kill on this section – a gal who was NOT in a good mood…

(This really was 2.1 miles even though the website says 3.4.)

No comments: