Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back again

Yeah! The boys and I ran today for the first time in almost two weeks. It was tough, but we did 3.3 miles at a 12:20 mpm pace. I'm pleased with that. I'm still congested in my head/nose, so there was a lot of sniffling, and my lungs got a bit "gaspy" at times, but I'm glad that I got out and did something.

I did do aerobics once last week which was really hard. I was exhausted at the end. Then, I felt the effects of the crunches for the next three days. My stomach and my thighs are areas of concerns for me, so I'm going to try and target them going forward.

I have managed to lose two more pounds since I started running again for a total of five lost so far (175). Only 35-40 to go! I've been more conscious of what I'm eating (no more late night ice cream binges), and I've cut my meat consumption down to 1x/day. I think that this is just a good idea overall - regardless of the weight loss attempts. Now that I'm able to run again, I think that I'll be able to stay on track (pun intended) better.

No comments: