Monday, August 8, 2011

Seriously, I'm lucky that she tolerates me

This run started out faster than we expected or should have. After we got our wits about us, we slowed down a bit and settled into a conversational pace. It was a good run with a walk break every couple of blocks. We don't usually do that, but today it felt right. Even with all of the walk breaks, we had a very respectable pace.
All of that said, it's amazing that Carol is willing to run with me. When I went to get cleaned up and change my clothes in the restroom, I noticed for the first time what I was actually wearing. It wasn't pretty.
Very faded lime green visor with salty sweat marks
Red baggy and long singlet with navy at the neck and arms
Black shorts
Blue/Turquoise socks with yellow saxophones
White shoes with red trim
I'm of the firm belief that black goes with everything and ties things together. However, it's not MAGIC! I looked like I had just climbed out of the donation bin at the local DI. Carol is a saint.
Stats: 5.46 miles in 58:50 for a 10:47mpm pace

No comments: