Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't be such a pussy!

So, I didn't run all weekend even though it was fantastic running weather. My joints hurt, and I was in a funk. It's called PMS. Waaaaaaaaa. Poor me.

So, finally on Tuesday, Bub and I swapped cars/boys, and I decided to go for a run.

Bub: Where are you going to run?
Me: I don't know. Probably Liberty.
Bub: Well, Sugarhouse is nice and sunny. [because it's chilly out and she's worried about the boys]
Me: I know, but it has those two big hills.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was thinking about running Sugarhouse all day, but I mentally whined to myself about it the entire time because, well, I don't like hills, and it's hard to push an additional 60-ish pounds up a hill - let alone two hills per lap with multiple laps! In my MIND, it was all so very logical, and I had come to terms with it. But the INSTANT it came out of my mouth and I actually HEARD it, I was appalled at my wimpiness. JUST RUN THE DAMN HILLS, YOU BIG BABY.

So, I did. We did three laps for 3.9 miles.
AND GET THIS: 12:14 mpm pace! WITH the boys in the stroller! WITH hills!

Life lesson learned from this: I'm stronger than I want to admit (because then I'll have to do the hard work). Buck up and stop being such a pussy.

No comments: