Thursday, March 3, 2011

no lolly gagging

I had a solo run today, and I forgot my watch. Well, I remembered it after I walked out of the building, but I didn't want to go back in to get it. Besides, it's always good to run without one, right? Just enjoy the run, be one with nature, live in the moment, feel the blood pump, blah, blah, blah. Not me. Can I be more type A? I eyed the clock and counted the seconds before my run officially started. I counted the seconds that I waited at stop lights. I pushed my pace because I didn't have my watch to tell me whether or not I was lolly gagging around. (Where does that word come from?) At the end of the run, I was tired and had a pretty good time. I must admit that my morning went better than the homeless fellow who was sleeping in the park and awakened by the local police. At first, I thought that the cop had no real reason to wake the guy. After all, it wasn't even 7am yet, and the poor guy was under a tattered, but warm, sleeping bag on a brisk morning. Leave him alone! But, then I realized that the guy could be sick or even dead for that matter, and the cop was just doing his job. Besides, the cop was really cool about it. After he got the to wake, the cop was very good natured and understanding. What I know is this: my house may need repairs here and there and there and over there and up there and in this and that, but at least I have a home.
Stats: 5 miles in 51:30 for a 10:18mpm pace

No comments: