Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I didn't take my watch on this run. Lizzy and I took the boys up to Grimm's gate and back. While up there, we watched a cowboy herd some cows into a trailer. Pretty interesting sights and sounds for two toddlers. I didn't take my watch today, and it was probably a nice thing. I just ran until I got tired before I would walk.

I'm looking at things differently as I run now. After Ragnar Wasatch Back, I realize that the hills that I've been running are really just little hiccups in the road. I need to really put some effort into training smarter. Plus, I think that I like to run trails better than asphalt. I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing when on dirt or trails, so I think that the time will mentally go by faster. So, as I run, I've been trying to find some trails and roads to try out.

No comments: