Tuesday, May 19, 2009

catch up

We're back from Florida. It was great. I planned to run almost every day, but managed only to run 2x. The boys' schedules were all messed up resulting in either really late nights or really early mornings or both!

To redeem myself, I hustled up the 203 steps of the Ponce Inlet lighthouse in 2:36. I did have to slow for some other people, and I wasn't running, but I tried to be quick about it.

I've run once since being home. It was a hard run of the 4.5 mile USU loop! Liz and I took the boys in the stroller. My quads and calves were tight after the lighthouse and hours and hours in planes and airports trying to get home. Plus, it was hot, and that stroller is getting heavier and heavier! We stopped at about 3.5 miles so that the boys could play at a playground (and so that I could get a rest).

2 comments:

Deene said...

nice lighthouse photo!

Unknown said...

I have been there to that very spot! It was very love-a-lee! Did you take that photo? I am super impressed as I never managed to capture even a fraction of awesome it was!