Saturday, March 14, 2009

flat footed elephant

Lizzy and I ran the USU loop. This was supposed to be an 11 mile LSD, but I slept in. I'll have to do it tomorrow (so why am I up late typing?). I felt like the world's least graceful elephant during the first two miles. It's like my feet were flat and just slapping the hell out of the road. I felt like I had to force every step. Oddly, the two miles back home (slight uphill) were easier than the first two downhill. Shockingly, my pace wasn't completely awful @ 11:21 mpm. Decent for me. Bound to get better over the summer as my training heats up for the August marathon.

On a separate note, I had my yearly physical with the doc this week. I got all of the normal tests including blood work. My results are back already, and my "bad" cholesterol is a bit higher than it should be. It's still within safe levels, but higher than ideal. This kind of shocks me because I am pretty careful about what I eat - five raw fruits/veggies per day, only whole wheat bread/pancakes, low sugar, no added salt, only meat 1x/day and very little red meat. HOWEVER, I know that when I blow it, I do it big time! BIG time. And, I've been pretty lazy about getting rid of my belly fat. So, it's time to make some more changes. I plan to have my cholesterol level in check in six months.

No comments: