Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Running Buddies

A small sub-set of the TRC (Tooele Run Club) meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:57am. The 357 club. The run starts at 4am, and the distances are 5-ish miles. I've started going to these runs. I meet up with my neighbor, Charlie - 5 houses away, and we drive to the designated meeting spot. The meeting spots are consist of eight different places, so the run isn't always the same. We rotate through the eight spots during the month.

Charlie and I are basically the same pace. There are times when I want to run ahead of him, but I really enjoy his company so I don't. For a republican, LDS man in his 60s, he's a very liberal minded guy. And, he's genuinely curious to understand our experiences. The other runners are Diane, Sandra, Meg, Tracy, and Renae.

I've noticed that I don't take any walk breaks when I run on these days. I don't know if it's because my pace is slightly slower, or if I just don't notice that I'm tired because the conversation is keeping my mind off of things... Whatever it is, it's good for me.

Also, I'm down 1/2 pound. I was 196 in December. I'm starting the new year at 195.5. In the first six days of 2015, I've almost matched my mileage for the entire month of December... This is really good, right?

No comments: